This processing of personal data allows the Joint Research Centre (JRC) to draw up and manage lists of individuals who, either in their personal capacity or on behalf of an organisation, are in contact and collaborate with JRC, or are simply interested in JRC’s work and its contribution to EU policies under the Horizon framework programme supporting research and innovation. JRC uses these lists to send information on JRC activities, scientific results and scientific events.
As this processing collects and further processes personal data, Regulation (EC) 45/2001, of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, is applicable.
This processing is managed at the JRC by the Health in Society Unit – F.1 for the purpose mentioned under point 2. The Head of Unit, acting as Controller, manages the processing itself, under the responsibility of his/her Director who acts as Processor.
2. What personal information do we collect, for what purpose and through which technical means?
Lists may contain the following data:
- title, gender, name/surname, company/organisation name, position, nationality, place/date of birth, private and/or professional email address, private and/or professional postal address, office/private phone/fax, website;
- fields of interest, preferred/default language, information distribution format desired (for publications).
Personal data are collected and processed in order to send addressees information (text, newsletters, documents, publications, video material etc.) on JRC activities, events and scientific results.
Personal data are collected through forms and stored on JRC servers.
3. Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
Access to personal data is allowed to authorised officials and other staff of the JRC. Data may be communicated to an external entity assisting the Commission in fulfilling the objective for which the data is managed.
4. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The personal data is stored on the servers of JRC and underlie the Commission Decision C (2006) 3602 of 17/08/2006 “concerning the security of information systems used by the European Commission” defines IT security measures in force.
5. How can you verify, modify or delete your information?
The data subject can send a message to the Controller (see below), explicitly specifying his/her request to have the related personal data modified or deleted. Within 15 days after the reception of a justified legitimate request from the data subject asking for changing/blocking/erasing personal data.
Special attention is drawn to the consequences of a delete request, in which case any trace to be able to contact you will be lost.
6. How long do we keep your data?
Your personal data is kept as long as JRC continues to work in support of research and innovation.
7. Contact Information.
In case you have questions related to this processing or concerning any information processed in this context, or on your rights, feel free to contact:
- The JRC Controller: EU-RD-PLATFORM@ec.europa.eu
- The JRC Data Protection Co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Commission’s Data Protection Officer: data-protection-officer@.ec.europa.eu
Complaints, in case of conflict, can be addressed to the European Data Protection Supervisor: email@example.com