Skip to main content
The objectives of EUROCAT
- To provide essential epidemiological information on congenital anomalies in Europe.
- To facilitate the early warning of new teratogenic exposures.
- To act as an information and resource center for the population, health professionals and managers regarding clusters or exposures or risk factors of concern.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of primary prevention.
- To assess the impact of developments in prenatal screening.
- To provide a ready collaborative network and infrastructure for research related to the causes and prevention of congenital anomalies and the treatment and care of affected children.
- To act as a catalyst for the setting up of registries throughout Europe collecting comparable, standardised data.