- To promote setting up of new registries in order to assure collecting of comparable, standardized data.
- To promote the exchange of knowledge and practical skills on population-based registration methods, classification and coding of congenital anomalies
- Network expansion and data quality improvement data to EUROCAT, but do participate in meetings and may be asked to participate in specific projects.
- Work with applicant members to achieve full membership including successful data transmission (this includes a one-year follow-up and evaluation of data collection for new applicants).
- Availability of a RAS contact by e-mail for any registration problems (e.g. coding etc.).
- Organisation of training workshops on EUROCAT methodology and coding at annual Registry Leader’s Meetings.
- Liaises with other potential EUROCAT members.
- Evaluation and reporting to EUROCAT Steering Committee/JRC-EUROCAT Management Committee/Central Registry on the available infrastructure, methodology and data of applicant members.
- Involved in the evaluation of coding and data quality indicators
For RAS enquiries contact: JRC-EUROCAT@ec.europa.eu